Radiologists and physicians have to physically locate each other in person or by telephone to convey important results, which takes valuable time away from both. There are no auditable records of the critical results communicated by radiologists to the Ordering physician. It is becoming increasingly important for healthcare providers to maintain auditable records of these communications so they can comply with emerging regulatory requirements. A communication breakdown could create a “sentinel event,” an unanticipated event that can results in, delay in care, serious injury or death of a patient.
- Valuable radiologist time spent locating referring physicians.
- No auditable record of communication with the ordering physician.
- No read receipt of sent message.
- Increased risk exposure to malpractice law suits.
- Emerging regulations require tracking healthcare communications.
VConnectMD standardizes physician-contact processes via a single portal. The physician’s contact information, contact preference, forwarding option, call routing preference and call schedule is assembled and maintained in our application. With this information, VConnectMD automatically displays the covering person(s) for the selected person(s) and highlights and auto checks the person’s name based on Call Type, Call Location and Call Reason selected by the sender, so that the message is sent to the right person at the right time by right delivery method.
- 30-60 minutes saved per radiologist per day.
- 5-10% increase in radiologist productivity.
- Improved patient service levels.
- Read receipt for all sent messages with auditable message log.
- Reduced risk of radiology lawsuits with auditable communications.
- Increased compliance with regulatory requirements.