For care coordination to occur, Physicians have to communicate freely and in a timely manner. Physicians’ busy schedules, delays caused by conventional contact cycle, are barrier for timely communication. Physicians instead tend to communicate through nurses or through chart, result in delay of care, delays in scheduling tests or procedures or surgeries. If a physician is provided with a single web based application that works across device platforms, that is rapid, efficient and provides an easy means of contact and communication with fellow physicians and nurses, the care coordination will improve significantly resulting in better patient outcomes.
- No Standardized and efficient way of contacting and communicating with the fellow physicians.
- Busy physician schedule, non-stationary work style, conventional communication methods lead to physicians playing phone tag or having to be put on hold.
- Delayed care, delay in clearance for tests, delay in clearance for procedures or surgeries and increased length of stay.
- No auditable records of communication among Physicians and between Physicians and Nurses.
- No read receipt of messages sent or received.
- Increased risk exposure to malpractice law suits.
VConnectMD standardizes physician-contact processes via a single portal. The physician’s contact information, contact preference, forwarding option, call routing preference and call schedule is assembled and maintained in our application. With this information, VConnectMD automatically displays the covering person(s) for the selected person(s) and highlights and auto checks the person’s name based on Call Type, Call Location and Call Reason selected by the sender, so that the message is sent to the right person at the right time by right delivery method.
- A single portal to contact, send a message or converse with the admitting physicians, specialists and Nurses almost instantaneously.
- Reduced issues of delayed care, delay in clearance for tests, delay in clearance for procedures or surgeries and increased length of stay.
- Provide Auditable sequence of communication among Physicians and between Physicians and Nurses.
- Read receipt for all sent messages.
- Reduced risk exposure to malpractice law suits.